Faux Fur Care Instructions
It is VERY important to never use high heat on faux fur. High temperature cleaning will burn or melt your fur and you will be v sad :(
Always hand-wash or even better, take it to the dry cleaners when your coat needs a bath.
- Hand-wash with a gentle detergent designed for hand-washing and a good quality fabric conditioner.
- Use cool temperature water to avoid causing heat damage to the faux fur.
- After washing roll the coat in a clean dry towel to squeeze out excess water.
- Shake the coat to fluff up the fibers and hang it on a coat hanger to air dry.
- Use a wide tooth comb to gently brush the coat with the grain, to separate and smooth the fibers once the coat is dry.
For a more intense clean:
- Fill a bucket or sink with cool water and add a mild detergent like Persil Silk & Wool.
- Place the garment in the bucket and let it soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain away the soapy water and rinse the garment through with clean cool water.
- Refill the bucket with cold water and add fabric conditioner.
- Replace the garment in the bucket and leave it to soak for 10 minutes.
- Re-rinse and blot out excess water with a clean dry towel.
- Allow to air dry and brush as described above.
- Place faux fur in the dryer.
- Use an iron or hair straightener on faux fur.
- Wash faux fur with hot water.
If you have any questions about faux fur care, please don't hesitate to ask the pros and reach us at email@example.com. We are not responsible for any heat damage to occur to your coat at any time.